
Those you’ve known
And lost, still walk behind you
All alone
Their song still seems to find you
They call you
As if you knew their longing –
They whistle through the lonely wind, the long blue shadows falling
All alone
But still I hear their yearning
Through the dark, the moon, alone there, burning
The stars too
They tell of spring returning –
And summer with another wind that no one yet has known
They call me –
Through all things –
Night’s falling
But somehow I go on
You watch me
Just watch me –
I’m calling
From longing
When the northern wind blows
The sorrows your heart’s known –
I believe…
Still you know
There’s so much more to find –
Another dream, another love you’ll hold
Still you know
To trust your own true mind
On your way – you are not alone
There are those who still know
Now they’ll walk on my arm through the distant night
And I won’t let them stray from my heart
Through the wind, through the dark, through the winter light
I will read all their dreams to the stars
I’ll walk with them now
I’ll call on their names
I’ll see their thoughts are known
Not gone –
Not gone –
They walk with my heart –
I’ll never let them go
From the musical Spring Awakening, "Those You've Known" is a reflection on life after losing those you've known. The main character, Melchior (Jonathan Groff, whose voice is both inspiring and beautiful), sings in solitude at the graves of his friends when their ghosts appear and sing in harmony with him. Their message? There is always hope. Please also see my page for "Left Behind," my favorite song from the play.
No comments:
Post a Comment